When submitting a book to Listeners Press, please keep in mind that we rely on authors to have strong marketing skills and connections. Authors will receive exposure through the Happy About and Listeners Press websites and will be marketed through the Listeners Unite website. However, please realize that as a small publisher we have limited resources. To that end, we have to read books on both merit and marketability.
We do not require a formal proposal, but would like prospective Listeners Press authors to answer the following questions before submitting manuscripts or additional material. Please include your name, mailing address, e-mail, and phone number.
- What is the suggested title of the book?
- What is the essence of your book? Please submit a summary (no more than one page).
- What are the goals for the book from your perspective?
- What are the goals for the reader?
- What is the proposed TOC (high level) with a paragraph on each of the chapters?
- How do you plan to market your book?
- Please paste your bio below or attach it as a separate document.
- Why do you feel that Listeners Press is the best home for your work?
Please send answers as a word attachment or in the body of an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with SUBMISSION in the subject line . We will respond to unsolicited queries and questionnaires within two months. We do accept simultaneous submissions. If your book is more general than listening and you would prefer to send your submission directly to Happy About, please click here: http://www.happyabout.info/contribute.php. If you have any questions, please e-mail email@example.com
or call 1-408-257-3000.